We want YOU and your session at YOUMARES 11!
WE ARE CALLING FOR SESSIONS
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 10.04.2020
In a world where we are constantly confronted by environmental emergencies, the challenge for scientists to define problems and find solutions are getting more and more urgent. We believe in the power of shared knowledge and want to JOIN FORCES from the marine realm at this year’s YOUMARES 11 conference. No matter if you are a marine scientist, marine engineer, innovator in the marine field, belonging to an NGO, a social scientist or an expert in marine governance and policy WE INVITE YOU to create an interdisciplinary hotspot with us.
WE ARE CALLING for advanced students (MA), early career scientists (PhD students, PhDs), and young innovators to HOST A SESSION at YOUMARES 11. As a group or as a single person you have the unique opportunity to give your science or expertise a platform. You define your session, invite your speakers, design your program, and finally chair your session.
To SUBMIT YOUR SESSION, please follow these steps:
1) Write a Call for Abstracts for your session, short but significant (350 words), including:
- Name of session host(s)
- Aim of the session
- Relevance for the field
- In which of the following fields you see your session: marine science/ marine technology/ marine social sciences / marine governance
2) Write a short letter (300 words max) giving answers to the following three questions:
a) Imagine you had an unlimited funding for a project of your choice, what would you do?
b) How, in your eyes, would an ideal cooperation of science, tech, and people look like?
c) If you had a superpower, what would it be?
3) Attach your most recent CV.
4) Send it in one PDF-file to: email@example.com.
We are looking forward to JOINING FORCES at YOUMARES 11 with YOU!
Or as Yoda would say: *DO OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY*
Your YOUMARES 11 organization team